1. Commitment to the protection of personal information
- With respect to the personal information which we hold, we will comply with all applicable laws and codes.
- Personal information obtained properly will be used only within the scope of its intended use.
- We will strive to handle personal information appropriately in order to prevent problems such as the unauthorized access to information, the loss or destruction of personal information, and its tampering or leakage.
- We will make appropriate efforts to review the above, and will continually improve our systems.
Japan Maritime Daily Co., Ltd. recognizes the importance of personal information and has implemented the following measures:
2. Handling of personal information for the purposes of reporting and writing
- The newspaper's editing and publishing
- All deliverables produced by (1) or those delivered in part via the internet.
(Areas that are not subject to the obligations under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law)
According to the Personal Information Protection Law, personal information to be used for reporting and writing is not subject to the obligations of the business handling the personal information. In the case of our company, the following applies to this:
3. Handling of personal information which does not come under the purposes of reporting or writing
(Areas that are subject to the obligations under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law)
- The personal information handled when making applications to our company, such as events and ordering our products.
- The personal information held when registering to our company's web services
- The personal information held when replying to our questionnaires (surveys)
- That used in order to deliver our company's products and services, or products such as free gifts
- That used in order to deliver email delivery service messages
- That used in order to check if the person is registered, an applicant, or customer
- That used in order to create in-house data and internal analysis for the understanding of the characteristics of our customers
- That used in order to introduce people to our products and services, and to send solicitation messages and emails.
|- Personal information pertaining to corporate officers, etc.||- That used in order to make listings and sell things in our publication prepared for third parties - That used in order to use the contents of the web service|
4. Personal information provided to third parties (Such as information pertaining to company officers)
- Items of personal data which are provided to third parties
Items pertaining to officers, etc. Name, job title, date of birth, photograph, address, phone number, place of birth, education record, career background
- The method or means of supplying to a third party
Supplied via the internet or through our publications
- The stopping of supply to third parties
At the request of the applicant, we shall stop the supply of personal data to third parties.
5. The disclosure and revision of personal information
- If there is a risk of harm to the rights and interests of the person or third party
- If there is a risk that it could significantly hinder the proper conducting of company business
- If it would be in violation of other laws and regulations to do so
If there is a request for disclosure by the person himself or an agent via our specified application method for personal data managed by our company, we shall confirm that it is the person or agent. In principle, we shall then disclose the personal data held on the person in writing. However,
then we may refuse the disclosure of personal data even to the person himself.
Additionally, if there is a request for correction from the person, and the results of an investigation in to the contents of the request indicate a fallacy, then we shall correct, add, or delete the data within the scope necessary for its purpose of use, and notify the person of the contents of the correction.
In some situations we may require a handling fee for the disclosure or correction of personal information.
6. Suspension of the Use of Personal Information
- Depending on the application method designated by the company provided by the person, in the case that the personal information was used for purposes other than its intended use, or if personal information was found to be collected in an inappropriate manner, we will conduct an investigation upon identifying the person. If there is deemed a reason to offer it, we will immediately stop using the information and erase it within the extent necessary.
- If you have any comments or questions regarding this matter, or any comments or complaints concerning the handling of personal information, please contact us at the address below. However, in principle our company shall only reply to questions about our procedures and the disclosure of personal information in writing (by email, fax, or mail). We are only able to answer procedural questions by telephone. Also, in principle, our company shall not be able to respond to any request or inquiry made to us in person.